What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a healing technique of Chinese Medicine that has been studied and utilized for more than 2,500 years. Using ancient scientific principles, acupuncture treats illness by bringing a person’s body into balance, into homeostasis. It involves the insertion of acupuncture needles into the skin at specific points on the body to achieve a therapeutic effect.
Acupuncture is used to encourage natural healing, improve mood and energy, reduce or relieve pain and improve function of affected areas of the body.
It is a safe and effective form of treatment.
* accessed from The Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute www.afcinstitute.com on Sept 15th 2014
How Can Acupuncture Help You?
Acupuncture can be effective as the only treatment or as an adjunct to other therapeutic interventions. The World Health Organization recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of:
• Neurological and muscular disorders: headaches, neck and back pain, sports injuries, sciatica, osteoarthritis, neuritis and facial pain
• Digestive disorders: irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), constipation, diarrhea and gastritis
• Menstrual and reproductive problems: dysmenorrhea (PMS) and perimenopausal symptoms, infertility and other hormonal disorders
• Urinary tract disorders: prostatitis and bladder dysfunction
• Respiratory problems: sinusitis, asthma, sore throat and recurrent respiratory tract infections
• Stress and psycho-emotional problems
For more information, please visit The Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI).
Acupuncture, Montreal West Island, Quebec